Monday, February 27, 2012

A Prayer.

From here.

Jesus......

Unfetter me from thinking too much about what I’m not, by showing me more of you and who I am in you. Liberate me from thinking about the next thing, so I can be present in the current moment.
Jesus, help me to use fewer words and better listening when engaging others. Please help me make better eye contact and heart connection with others. Free me to be more intrigued with people I don’t know and less timid around strangers. Turn my hair-trigger reactions into slower, wiser, kinder responses. Break my heart-shackles of irritability, agitation and cynicism. Free me from trying to fix anybody.
Please free me for greater spontaneity, louder laughter, saltier tears, and quicker repentances. There is no liberating and loving Savior like you, Lord Jesus. So very Amen I pray, with gratefulness and anticipation, in your most compassionate name.


No comments:

Post a Comment