Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Can you experience full joy?

"If authentic, saving belief is the act of trusting, then to choose stress is an act of disbelief....atheism. Anything less than gratitude and trust is practical atheism."

"To lack faith perhaps isn't as much as intellectual disbelief in the existence of God
as fear and distrust that there is a good God."

"I know I can't experience deep joy in God until I deep trust in God; trusting God is my most urgent need."
-1000 Gifts


What is it that is in my way of fully believing, fully trusting, that God is good? I read truth and know He is good. I see it around me all the time-His goodness pouring out in mercies each day. But what does that feeling of complete contentment feel like? Does it exist? Can we experience full joy in this inaugurated Kingdom, or does that only come when Jesus returns? How do I practice deep trust?

Sometimes I hate how little my mind is in comparison to God, and that I can't wrap my brain around Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment