Thursday, August 4, 2011

I DID IT


I did it. I have successfully completed my first surprise week as a full-time City Director. I say surprise because my boss went into labor and birthed her child (a beautiful baby girl) one month sooner than expected. This meant that my longer term position here (as her stand in for maternity leave) happened one month faster than expected.

This means I pretty much wore the same thing 3 days straight, used Starbucks French Roast to stay awake, kept my hair as manageable as possible (braids braids braids), and have large bags under my eyes for the first time (ain't no under eye concealer going to cover these bad boys). All while blasting worship music as I figured things out. Typical.

Luckily God is SO GOOD ALL THE TIME and I was showered with mercy this week.

Sites cancelled, but better ones became available.
The people I emailed, emailed me back (this is a big deal).
The baby, mom, and dad are all healthy and well!
I have great roommates and friends who are willing to help out.

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. Romans 8:28



Today I was able to be in the Tenderloin to deliver meals. As I waited for my group in the lobby, I started people watching. I put my phone away (which unfortunately is usually my way of getting out of making eye contact) and noticed a blind man walking out from the lobby onto the sidewalk. He just stood there with that white and red stick and called out to people as they walked by because he thought he knew them. They looked at him like he was crazy and just kept walking. These weren't white rich people, they were neighbors in the TL like him. I don't know why it affected me so much, or what God was trying to show me through this, but I just felt the weight of depravity SO much in that one situation.


I'm glad God isn't done working on me. I'm glad that my heart still beats and breaks.



No comments:

Post a Comment