Thursday, August 11, 2011

passion.

The other day I was asked by a friend how he could be praying for me and I said 'to have more compassion.' Following that I experienced something awesome. I was waiting in the lobby of an SRO for my group to come down from delivering meals and right as they went upstairs, the man they were delivering it to came into the lobby. He decided to wait for them to return. As he waited I was able to make conversation with him which eventually led to him showing me a bag full of beads and gems that he makes into bracelets. He told me all about the beads and how he uses a bowl to help string them on because his left hand doesn't work, his girlfriend showed him how to make bracelets before she passed away, and how he's doing it now as his passion.

He told me a story of him making a bracelet and no one wanting to buy them because people thought he stole them. He told me how you heat treat topaz to make it blue. He even suggested that next time I bring a group he could show us how to make bracelets. He was a sweetheart. I was able to get the same route the next day so I told him I would stop by with my group and see his bracelets. When I arrived to that specific SRO, he was in the lobby waiting! With three bracelets to show me! He let me pick one out for free. It was the sweetest thing ever, such a precious head.


I love getting to see people be passionate about what they do.

No comments:

Post a Comment