Thursday, April 21, 2011

Greek Food

My group this week wasn't the best I've had BUT the kids did write great things on their evaluations of the trip so hopefully that means they got a LOT out of this week! Here is one of the evaluation comments that I got a lot of jollies from....

Christian, 13 year old skater boy.

What was the best part about your week with CSM?
Greek Food.
[Note: Really? Really.]
What was the most challenging part about your week with CSM?
Talking to hobos.
[Note: We/I do not encourage the use of the term hobo, bum, etc.]
What would make your trip with CSM better?
Fireworks.
[Note: We do not use fireworks, ever.]
Pick a person at a ministry site who really impacted you and write some words of encouragement to them (we will be giving them a list of compiled compliments at the end of the season).
Heather, thank you for introducing me to Greek food. I've never been happier than when I was eating those Gyros.
[Note: I'm glad I can impact someone's life by food.]

Also, I had shower duty one night this week, meaning I tell them when their time is up/get the people who are supposed to shower for the night to sign up etc. One conversation I had...

Me: Where's Nelson? He's supposed to shower at 9.
Carter: He's in the bathroom taking a poop.
Me: Oh. Ok. Well. Tell him to hurry.
Nelson (from the hallway, shouting): SORRY HEATHER! CAN I POOP FIRST?!?!!?!

Gotta love junior high boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment