Sunday, April 17, 2011

worship

Today at Reality San Francisco, we read from Mark 15:1-39 and Pastor Dave talked about how important the Cross is/was for us. In summary:

Christ wasn't on the cross for himself, but for me. He could have delivered himself, but he chose to remain there for me. He was completely forsaken, left by God. When we feel as though God has forsaken us, that's just a feeling. Jesus was the only one who experienced in reality what being separated by God was like. The cross is what saves us; it is finished.

I love it when every song in a worship set just flows perfectly and speaks directly to what you had just heard from the pastor.

Must Jesus bear the cross alone,
And all the world go free?
No, there’s a cross for everyone,
And there’s a cross for me.

The consecrated cross I’ll bear
Till death shall set me free;
And then go home my crown to wear,
For there’s a crown for me.
-Must Jesus Bear the Cross Alone

To the cross I look, to the cross I cling
Of it's suffering I do drink, of it's work I do sing.
For on it my Savior, both bruised and crushed,
Showed that God is love and God is just.
-Sweetly Broken, Jeremy Riddle

And when before the throne
I stand in Him complete,
"Jesus died my soul to save,"
My lips shall still repeat:
Jesus paid it all,
All to Him I owe;
Sin had left a crimson stain,
He washed it white as snow.
-Jesus Paid it all, Passion Worship Band

I bow down to the Holy One
I bow down to the Lamb
I bow down to the Worthy One
I bow down to the Lamb

The Son of God died for us
This is love, this is love
He walked the hill and bore the cross
This is love, this is love
-This is Love, Vineyard

See from his head, his hands, his feet
Sorrow and love flow mingled down
Did ever such love and sorrow meet
Or thorns compose so rich a crown?
-The Wonderful Cross, Chris Tomlin

One in himself, I cannot die
My soul is purchased by his blood
My life is hid with Christ on high,
With Christ, my Savior and my God
-Before the Throne of God, Shane and Shane

No comments:

Post a Comment