Wednesday, April 27, 2011

be encouraged.

This is the last week of our spring season. After Saturday, I pack up, say goodbye, and head home for a week. It's bizarre. I'm co-hosting this week's group with Kelly, in the pic above. She's also staying this summer. She also is gracious enough to let me borrow her north face jackets anytime I please because I still cannot get used to the wind.

I couldn't have asked for a better last group though. Seriously. This group is from Fremont which is only 20 minutes south of Oakland. They are so goofy and fun and biblical and optimistic. My kind of people. This week is only halfway through and I really don't know if I could have ended on a better note.

Things that have encouraged me this week (yes, imma brag):

-The youth pastor of the Fremont group asked me bright and early Monday morning how their church (the ones on the actual mission trip) can be praying for me this week. When you hear something like that, you already know your group is gonna be awesome.

-A youth pastor I previously worked with my sophomore year at biola, from long beach, is here this week with his youth group. We caught up and chatted about ministry styles and the changes in their own group. I forgot how awesome and pleasant he was to talk to and was able to chat for about 30 minutes with him. He totally encouraged me in saying that he enjoyed having me work there so much because I brought a personality with me that they had never been able to get with other leaders and that I did a great job at leading my small group.

-One of the workers at the salvation army, Richard, said I was a great leader and knew that whenever I was bringing groups there they were in good hands.

-My aunt Julie replied to an email update saying how proud she was of me and knew that I would be doing an amazing job here and 'they' would love me.

-Adieba, my girl from the rescue mission who wrote that poem I posted a few entries back, straight up told me I was 'her girl' and her favorite. I HAVE ARRIVED.

-Awesome people asking how they can pray for me. Deb, this includes you.

-Jesus being good and allowing me to fully enjoy this week and my hosts and Him! Taste and see that He is good!


SO MUCH ENCOURAGEMENT! And all within like, 2 days!
I'm ready to finish strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment